Sunday, November 01, 2009

NaBloPoMo Day 1

Hey! It's November again! Which means I will actually post on this here blog. Aren't you so excited?

Last night was Halloween, a night in which I am loathed to leave my apartment. I try very hard to stay inside on heavy drinking holidays and it was a good thing, since every 1/2 an hour or so we heard sirens through our neighborhood.

So, we stayed home, watched a scary movie ("Drag Me To Hell") that I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED. Sam Raimi makes some darn awesome movies I tell ya. We ate pizza, drank wine, ate ice cream and candy. So really, it was a very nice night.

Today, we got up and ran for an hour. I know. After all we ate last night it sounds ridiculous, but it's been a few months since we ran for over 30 minutes and I needed to do it. And it was awesome!! I was really dreading the idea and as Robb pointed out, I was most happy I did it after everything was said and done. Don't get me wrong, it hurt. Bad. Especially the first 15 minutes when it felt like I was running through molasses and going super slow. But I just kept pushing and it started to feel better. I forgot how much I love running for longer times. I ended up running further than I have in forever. Robb was so sweet, patting me on the back at the end and cheering me on.

It's amazing how quickly I forget that I can do these things. I get so bogged down in being mad at myself for not losing more weight that I forget to take the time to recognize what I've accomplished so far.

And most of all, I forget just how far I need to push myself sometimes. I've been putting off running for an hour because I thought it would be horrible and other stupid excuses.

But it's good that this happened, because now I'm looking at other exercise things I've been putting off (hour long Pilates video, I'm looking at you) because I think they will be too hard or whatnot.

Who cares if I'm sore the next day? The soreness will fade. The happiness at moving up to the next level doesn't.

No comments: