Saturday, November 07, 2009

NaBloPoMo Day 7

Just got back from the laundrymat. Usually I don't have to go to one, but the washing machine at our apartment (yes, there's only 1) is broken and no one has come to fix it yet. Since The Boyfriend has freelance work to do, I volunteered to hang at the local laundry facility and wash  us up some clothes while he gets some work done.

It was actually pretty fun. I got 3 loads of laundry done in under 2 hours. The place I went was nice, well-kept and not too crowded.

There was a little boy there with his Mom, he was so adorable. Very chatty and totally thought that seeing the washing machines spin was the absolute coolest thing ever. He was so much fun to watch. I ended up chatting with him and his Mom for a few minutes, she was so happy to see that I found her son amusing instead of annoying. How can you be annoyed at kinds who are staring in wonderment at a washing machine? Or want to help their Mother's with the laundry?

The other thing that kept me entertained was my phone. I love my stupid Blackberry. Ended up texting with Robb and Stephen M. while hanging out. Also a nice way to pass the time.

Now I'm home, off to try and take a nap although after our awesome hour long run this morning and the laundrymat, I'm not feeling particularly tired. I'm sure this means I'll be asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

No comments: