Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Eleven

I saw the movie "Slumdog Millionaire" today. I went in with no great expectations, not knowing much about the movie. Man, it's been a long time since a movie really moved me like that. And it's not like it's the greatest story ever told, it's just a good story told well, with really amazing actors and directing.

Please check for this movie, it's such a great ride. I was in a pretty packed house and everyone was laughing, crying and applauded at the end. I love being a part of a crowd when the movie is so good that everyone is having the same reactions at the same time.

I have the worse headache this afternoon. I really hate this time of year in LA, the temperature bouncing back and forth really does a number on my allergies. Plus, I think I'm still fighting off the cold that The Boyfriend had last week. We're supposed to go grocery shopping tonight and then do "30 Day Shred". I'm hoping I can convince him to forego shopping for 1 more night and just stay home instead.

Also, it's Veterans Day. I wrote this last year, I still feel the same way. I'm so proud of my father for serving his country. A very good friend of mine has her brother over in Iraq right now and I'm sending him good thoughts and wishes for a safe journey home, whenever that may be.

No comments: