Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rainy

It's been a very odd week for me. Bad news from a friend mixed with a rainy week and I feel all introspective and teenagery. Sometimes I am so saddened at the realization of just how short life is. Makes me wonder what I'm putting on hold that I shouldn't be.

The Boyfriend and I mostly finished cleaning out the bedroom last weekend. It looks so much better in there already and we aren't even done with the cleaning and such. Plus, we found a good home for all of our old VHS movies. We are donating them to a retirement village - a friends father-in-law lives there and they have a place that they leave videos out for anyone to borrow. It's a really nice feeling knowing someone will get a kick out of watching something that just sat around our place gathering dust. Plus, most of the movies are old school - "My Fair Lady" or "The Natural", so I think it will be a good fit.

In other "getting rid of stuff" news, I have lost 6 pounds so far on Nutrisystem. 6 pounds in 2 weeks, yeah, you could definitely say I am happy with that. The only downfall is that I am in-between sizes. Not yet thin enough to fit into the next size down pants I am saving, not heavy enough to fill out the pants I do own. It's okay, I am enjoying the fact that my clothes are all loose on me. I'd forgotten what that feels like.

No comments: