Thursday, January 17, 2008

Emotional Food

Yesterday was a hard day, food-wise. I'm feeling run-down and just generally unwell and all I wanted was some comfort food. So I made sure to have my Nutrisystem chicken and dumplings for dinner, which helped.

Which just confirms that I am an emotional eater and that scares the crap out of me. I wasn't always this way - I used to NOT eat when I got stressed out, which, quite frankly, is quite a bit easier to deal with than eating because you are stressed. I also never used to eat because I was bored - so I have to fight against that as well. Good lord, maybe I should take up smoking. Okay, I'm kidding, I would never take up smoking to lose weight. That would be dumb.

Speed would be a much better option. (Kidding again! Jeez, you are touchy today.)

I've lost 3 pounds so far, maybe more as the battery to our scale crapped out this morning, so I have no idea if my weighing yesterday was accurate or not. Who cares, 3 pounds in 1 week is very respectable. If I can lose 3 pounds a week until my birthday, I will have more than surpassed my goal of losing 20 pounds before then, so I'm quite happy with the results thus far.

On a different note, I just saw a screening of "27 Dresses". All I have to say is that I am nursing the most insane crush on James Marsden right now.

No comments: