Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Showtunes Really Aren't That Bad

So, I haven't posted in awhile. I haven't really had anything I felt was worth talking about. Then I decided to post about American Idol last night, all the while realizing that this blog is so going to become only about what T.V. I watch. I seem to be okay with that.

So, last night's theme was Showtunes. Now I don't know what you think, but some really amazing music has been written as showtunes, not that you would have known that based off of last nights performances.

Why Bo Bice didn't sing something from "Tommy" or "Hair" or any other musical from the '70's is totally beyond me.

As The Boyfriend put it, "they are all picking the songs I fast forward through."

People, there are ages and ages of great, great music to pick from. Maybe the contestants all need to be assigned a song tutor to help with the selection.

I think I am going to quit watching until the final 3, because I feel more than one person needs to go a week.

On another note, I just had a really fun conversation with someone from IT about musicals and theatre and lighting designers. Seriously, how fun is it when you talk to someone you never realized was into theatre about "Guys and Dolls" and how "no one used to use microphones in my day" and some people just can't find their light, no matter how hard they try!

How bizarre.

No comments: