Friday, August 01, 2008

Hot

I took a little break there, internet. I don't think anyone really needed to hear any more of my rants about why people suck. So, yeah, I've dealt with my anger over my nephews situation and now I leave everything in the hands of the police. I still have moments where I get so mad I feel my temperature rise - but my nephew is alive and safe, so I'm letting go of some of my anger abot this.

Oh yeah, my nephew also had to have his appendix removed last week - they think this was also brought on by the car accident. So, he had 2 surgeries in less than a week. Awesome.

But, on the bright side, I talked to my sister and they were able to laugh about how horrible this situation is, which is always very comforting to me. Because if it's so bad that you can't laugh, in my eyes, that's really really bad.

Anyhoo - I'm on to dealing with other sad things - like the fact that The Boyfriend is turning 1 year older on Monday. Well, that's actually more sad to him than to me, I think he's definitely getting more awesome with age!

In other weirder news, I seem to be going through a phase of ingrown hairs in a rather inconvenient place. So, I did a little internet research and remembered that a friend had recommended the product Tend Skin before. Man, that stuff is expensive!

So, I found several recipes online that allow you to make it at home. Not only is this so much cheaper - but I get to have fun in the kitchen making concoctions!

I love doing stuff like this - I went through a phase where I made my own Windex. I know, it's kind of pointless, but I liked it!

So, for those that are interested, here's the recipe to make TendSkin at home:
Solution 1:
18 tablets uncoated aspirin, crushed
5 oz. rubbing alcohol
Combine.
Solution 2:
8 tablets uncoated aspirin, crushed
2.5 oz. witch hazel
Combine.
Combine the two solutions.
The aspirin will settle a bit, so shake it before use.
Apply to the bikini area to prevent ingrowns.

It can also be used to spot treat blemishes. (aspirin is acetic and salicylic acids.)

This stuff really works and someone said it averages out to $1.50 each time you make it! I love me some cheap homemade stuff that works.

1 comment:

Lauren B. said...

My dad had two surgeries within 6 weeks before the wedding - one appendix, so I feel ya, although the situations were different :p Looking forward to the party! And remember to check out pingg.com for next time.