Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Eureka!

I just had one of those moments, you know, the kind where something is so obvious you feel really dumb for not realizing it earlier...

Yeah, I realized that instead of complaining about part of my role as producer for my show, I should maybe just embrace that I'm the one who gets this done and just do it. It will be done, it will be done to my happiness and we can move forward on other stuff that needs to be worked on.

Ugh, I'm not sure this is coming out right, but I don't feel like editing myself today.

In toothy news, I finally feel better today after the whole root canal/infection fiasco. I'm almost done with the antibiotics, the swelling around the tooth/jaw area is going down and I'm not in pain any longer. So, yeah, things are looking up in that aspect. Now I just need to make an appointment with my dentist to get the crown prep done.

This past Sunday I had some time to kill while The Boyfriend was designing something on the computer, so I decided to finally try doing a conditioning treatment on my hair with Olive Oil. I've done a lot of research about this lately and I really wanted to try it, but I needed to find a couple of free hours to set aside and I finally had them.

So, I took 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil that we had sitting around and dumped it all over my hair while I was leaning over the bathtub, rubbed it in really well and piled my hair on top of my head. I had been warned that the olive oil would really run, so I put on a plastic shower cap and wrapped a towel tightly around my head.

Then, I just let it sit, for about an hour and a half. I vacuumed, mopped the floors, read a bit of a book, marveled at the fact that my hair smelled like it was baking and finally jumped in the shower. Man! I can't recommend this enough! I washed my hair twice to make sure I got all of the oil out, conditioned and let me hair air dry. It was magical. My hair was super shiny and extremely soft, without being limp or looking greasy.

Now I'm going to have to start purchasing olive oil at Costco to make sure I can do this at least once a month!

No comments: