Thursday, August 14, 2008

Re-Upping

I'm going to be back to constantly posting about my weight loss/workouts as I've just recently sat myself down and had a long talk with myself about how I've really let everything slide for the past couple of months.



See, after I had the cyst removed from my back I quickly realized I needed more calories per day for recovery or I felt really sick and lightheaded. Of course, that never really went away as we began filming new stuff for the show plus my whole tooth trauma and I ended up on a serious plateaue with my weight loss.



Well, actually, I gained 3 pounds, but whatever.



But no more!



As of this morning, 1 of those lovely pounds is gone. And I'm gunning for the other 2 as I type this.



One of the things that really got me back into the swing of weight loss is my discover of this - 100 Pushups workout online. I'd seen it around but never really explored it when I decided I needed something new to get me going again.



And man this is definitely it!

What clinched it for me was reading about it on one of my favorite blogs All & Sundry. If I ever look as great as Linda does, I will totally post pictures of myself in a bikini.


The Boyfriend was really excited to try this out as well, so we've added it to our nightly workout regime.

Oh yeah, I said nightly. I've been pushing myself back into the "more than once a day" workouts again as well as re-committing myself to Nutrisystem.

See, I have about 50 more pounds to lose before I hit my goal weight. And I would like to not be on Nutrisystem longer than a year - so I have roughly 4 more months to hit my goal weight.

Ha! I'm fairly certain I won't make it, but I'm sure going to try.

Back to the pushups stuff. I LOVE this workout. It's 3 days a week and at the end you are supposed to be able to do 100 pushups in a row. I'd completely forgotten just how much of your body pushups work. We've only done 2 workouts and I can already tell a difference in how my arms feel, which is good because the weight loss has allowed some flappy skin to appear in my upper arm area and I am not happy about it at all.

No comments: