Monday, October 22, 2007

An Open Letter to Bionic Woman

Hi there -

I just wanted to let you know that I'm getting very close to breaking up with you. I have been there from the beginning, but you just aren't doing anything for me. I wanted to like you, I really did. I didn't mind that you cast a British woman as the lead, I loved that she isn't your stereotypical "pretty girl" (don't get me wrong, I think she's very striking), I completely love the fact that you cast Katee Sackhoff in your show (she's pretty much the only reason I keep watching) but - really, I can't keep letting you let me down like this. Week after week I watch, expecting to be entertained. And week after week I have to fight the urge to go brush my teeth or do the dishes because your show makes me lose interest half way through.

I don't understand what went wrong. The Boyfriend thinks it's the fact that you have absolutely no overarching storyline. I think it's the fact that you have yet to make me give a shit about any of your characters (except Katee - again, the only interesting character. Except maybe the blonde psychologist lady. She's interesting because she obviously loves messing with people's heads!).

I don't know what else to say. You have a great cast, I thought the show did a decent job of updating the story and technology. But yet, you leave me wanting.

I may stick around for a little while longer Bionic Woman, but I've got to tell you, as soon as Lost is back again - I don't know if I will give you a second thought.

No comments: