Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Second

I may have to get creative with the titles soon.

So, I know I should post some "getting to know me" stuff, but I really don't want to. The handful of people reading this will pretty much already know who I am, so let's just move past the formalities.

This morning while watching the news, I saw the most amazingly awesome story. A man's death sentence was overturned because a juror brought the bible into the deliberation room and read passages to the other jurors while deliberating over the death penalty.
Now, I don't have issues against people talking about their religious beliefs as a part of their opinions on the death penalty; but I do have HUGE issues when that is all they base their decision on. I know this is a crazy idea, but what about basing your decision on the facts of the crime. The man forced a woman off the road, shot and killed her, then shot and paralyzed a man who tried to come the the woman's rescue. I don't need the bible to tell me what I think should happen to this man.
I watched the interview with the woman who brought the bible in, and PREACHED at her fellow jurors and surprise surprise, she doesn't think she did anything wrong.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!? If I had been on that jury and she started reading to me from the bible, I would have kicked her in the head. (Okay fine, some personal information about me, I have anger issues. I try to work on them, but people shoving their religion down my throat just really pisses me off. This man probably deserves the death penalty, but there is now a chance that it will be overturned because stupid people insist on injecting their religion into everything./ rant over)

Another thing I hate is Bally's Total Fitness. Some day I will tell you the whole story, but for today, I will just tell you that The Boyfriend and I attempted our morning visit to the gym, and instead had to go home and make pancakes. Why? Because there were no parking spots in the entire huge freaking parking lot, and all of the cardio equipment was full. AT 6:30 in the MORNING. The best part, one of the people on the cross trainers was reading the paper, and barely going fast enough to keep the trainer on. Does he really think he is actually working out when doing this? Does he get done and think to himself "Man, I did 45 minutes on the cross trainer today and I barely broke a sweat! I am in such good shape!" BUT HE IS NOT IN GOOD SHAPE. HE IS IN A ROUND SHAPE.

Although I did get yummy made-from-scratch pancakes out of it, so I guess I can't be too mad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I'm so happy you started a blog. I'll tune in daily.

Is it ok if I link to you?

Tanya said...

Yes please! Especially since you are part of the reason I got off my lazy butt and started my own blog.