Monday, June 30, 2008

I Have No Idea What's Going On Around Here

So, someone pointed out that I haven't updated about my weight loss lately. Which is nice, because I haven't and I worry that people are sick of hearing about it.

But, the truth is, I haven't lost much weight lately. In fact, according to my scale this morning, I've gained back about 3 pounds. But, 3 pounds is one weekend of me not being careful about what I eat and I quickly lose it after a couple of days of running and eating right.

Unfortunately for me right now, that's not an option. The running part anyway. See last Wednesday, I had very, very, very minor surgery(details coming soon! With pictures!). And apparently I am not a teenager any more, so it's taking a bit longer to recover than I anticipated. On top of that, I haven't been too careful about my eating habits lately as I need to eat more than the 1000 calories I roughly consume while on Nutrisystem, due to the fact that apparently your body needs fuel to heal and mine was not happy when I didn't give it enough fuel.

On the flip side, I seem to still be losing inches, or something as it was pointed out this weekend and by my boss today that I look thinner than ever. So, I just have no freaking idea what's going on, but I'm not going to dwell on it.

I took my measurements last week and I've lost another 2 inches (on average) all over. So, I must be gaining muscle. I'm definitely gaining looser skin. Which is weird. But again, it means I'm losing weight, so I'm not complaining.

While I'm enjoying the food aspect of healing, I'm going freaking stir crazy about not being able to exercise. The first 2 days afterwards, I slept a lot, so not exercising was no big deal, but since then I can't to anything without my wound being sore. I tried walking on Saturday morning while The Boyfriend ran his usual route, which ended with me being in pain. I walked at lunch today, again at a slower pace, and again, I'm in pain.

So, I will not be running tomorrow as planned. I may not run this week at all, but I will keep walking, even though it makes me sore. I have to do something, I hate the slug feeling I get from sitting around.

No comments: