Monday, December 10, 2007

Night

An Open Letter to the Girl I Almost Ran Over on Friday Night:

Here's a bit of advice - if you are going to go running when it is pitch dark outside, it would be wise to dress in lighter colors so that when you are running across an intersection that has no streetlights, cars won't accidentally almost run you over.

I am so sorry that I scared you. But seriously? Are you stupid?

YOU ARE RUNNING AT NIGHT WEARING ALL DARK CLOTHES. How in the hell am I supposed to see you? I mean, I didn't really come close to running you over, but I obviously scared you (for which I am sincerely sorry) but you also scared me too. How do you think I would feel if I DID run you over?

Common sense. That's all I'm asking. If you go running at night in an area that is not well-lit, you should probably make sure cars can see you easily. That, or stay away from busy intersections.

Sincerely -
ChezSarcastica

No comments: