Monday, January 22, 2007

A Story

One morning I was getting ready for work and it was just "one of those mornings". The kind where I drop everything, I can't find anything to wear to work and even though I got up a little early, I was still running late.

So, in the middle of rushing around - I knocked over our toothbrushes and they fell into the bathtub. Swearing profusely at the annoyance of knocking yet another thing over, I picked them up and stuck them back in their holder.

I finish getting ready and I am off to my day at work.

Fast forward to that night when The Boyfriend and I are getting ready for bed. He starts brushing his teeth and makes a very weird face.

"Did you get soap on the toothbrushes somehow? Mine tastes awful."

Me - "What? How would I get soap on the toothbrushes? Of course I didn't!"

Cue to me realizing what must have happened and beginning to laugh hysterically.

The Boyfriend is really not believing my story and can't believe I tried to lie to him.

I was just so taken by surprise I couldn't stop laughing so the conversation didn't proceed much further as I was in complete hysterics. I mean, come on! How many people does this happen to?!

Luckily when I start laughing that hard The Boyfriend laughs as well and that was pretty much the end of that except for a few more "I can't believe you lied to me's!" and "I can't believe you got soap on my toothbrush and lied to me about it."

No comments: