Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

I hope everyone has survived the holiday season. I know that I definitely had a good time, but I am very happy it's over. I've discovered that no matter how many fun things I have planned during the holiday season, I am always a little depressed by it.

Now it's the New Year and I am filled with this want to get rid of things - like clean out all closets and storage spaces and purge all of the crap we hold on to for no real reason at all. The Boyfriend is probably beside himself with angst as he is not always a willing participant when I get these urges.

We bought new running shoes yesterday as we are starting a new endeavor this week of running every day instead of every-other-day. We'll see how it goes as the temperature has been in the 40's in the mornings and that makes it extra hard to get out of bed, go outside and run around a park.

When we started running I found it so nice to have time to just be inside my own head and I didn't understand how people could run while listening to music, but lately I have been in dire need of a distraction while running, otherwise I end up concentrating on how much pain I am in or how my time is that day. My biggest problem is that I just don't think it's safe for a woman who runs (basically) by herself to have a headset on, so I try to find other ways of distracting myself by trying to get a song stuck in my head, or going over lines that I need to memorize, but that only works part of the time. I guess I could buy an iPod and then only put the earbud in one ear, but that just seems silly. Ugh, I don't think there is any real answer to this problem.

No comments: