Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 11

Veteran's Day -

I think of my Father today, a man who served in Vietnam, much to the dismay of his Mother. My Father was the last living son in his family, so he could have easily not gone to Vietnam with that excuse. But he did it, because serving was the right thing to do. I'm so proud of my Father, the camera he bought in Vietnam is one of my most prized possessions, it reminds me of my Father and doing the right thing.

______________________________________

So our interview got cancelled last night. Not a big deal, we will reschedule. The only bad thing was that The Boyfriend had made cookies, which means we still have cookies laying around the house. Cookie are not good, especially Vanilla Butter Cookies since they aren't heavy so you can eat a bunch of them without realizing.

I had the realization the other day that we've really gotten into the habit of not keeping cookies or sweats around the house. If we want cookies, we bake them. I never even have the thought of buying them at the store anymore.

It's amazing to me that something we did to save money and eat healthier so easily became ingrained in our lives without much hassle. I wish other things were this easy to become habits, like not eating candy or running every single day. Maybe I just need to put more time into these things. It's so easy to not buy cookies since I can make them at home if I want. It's harder not to buy candy since I can't make that at home.

I'm thinking it's time for another sugar detox.

No comments: