Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Usually Torture Costs More Than This (So I've Been Told)

So The Boyfriend and I went to see "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" on Friday. First, let me say, I love that movie. Well done. I was a huge fan of the books, and now I want to find them and read them all over again. God, the British just make good movies.

This morning there was something on the news about how movies just aren't making the money that they used to. Wow, so not a surprise to anyone who has visited a movie theater lately. The whole problem lies in the fact that going to the movies just isn't fun anymore. And it's really freaking expensive. I am really spoiled in the fact that my job screens movies for us and I am eternally grateful for that. I just can't handle movie theater patrons anymore.

Most movie-goers just have no manners anymore. I don't know how people can take it. I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOU TALK THROUGH THIS MOVIE. I know that's really hard to understand, but WAIT UNTIL THE MOVIE IS OVER AND TALK ABOUT IT AFTERWARDS. This concept has been lost over the years. I think maybe they should start teaching theater etiquette in schools or something.

I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that everyone I could see actually turned off their cell phones during the previews which was a good thing since they had 20 MINUTES OF PREVIEWS TO SIT THROUGH. Really, this is just getting ridiculous. When I went to see "Unbreakable" in the theater, I actually really forgot what movie I was there to see.

I like previews, especially if they are good and make me really excited for a movie to come out, but I don't really need to see every preview for every movie that is coming out within the next 2 years. Really, I will find out about them one way or another. For right now, I would just like to see the movie I paid to see.

Just as a side note, there were a few parents there with their younger aged children at the movies. They were some of the best behaved people in the theater. Go figure.

There are movies that I think just need to be seen on the big screen. Other than that, I just don't need the aggravation of dealing with other people. Seriously, why do people suck so much? Especially the guy that thought bringing his 5 year old to "Return of the King". He needs to have bamboo shoved under his fingernails. If your kid can't sit still and shut up for a 3 plus hour very violent movie, then he is not old enough to be there.

On a final note:

The Boyfriend and I have finally decided to make the ultimate commitment!

Ha, just kidding. We got DSL! Finally! I am so getting major bonus points for this.
If you have SBC phone service, you can get DSL for $19.95 a month. Check it out.

No comments: