Thursday, May 12, 2005

I Never Thought I Would Say This

But I actually feel a little bad for Anthony. I can't help it. He actually had a good night on Tuesday, way better than he has performed in the past. And then he gets cut. You know people only voted for Vonzell because she cried. Sorry honey, I ain't buying it. You had a crappy performance.

So to recap Tuesday:

Carrie Underwood:
I am totally convinced she has been replaced by a Stepford Wife robot. She just has no performance capability at all. Don't get me wrong, this girl can sing, she is just painful to watch. I am going to start collecting money so she can get a personality.

Bo Bice:
I don't care who you are, if you can't admit that this man is awesome you are just sad. Who else could pull off the 70's pimp outfit while singing "Money, Money, Money?" People, he performed in FIip Flops! And he didn't fall down! And he rocks! Oh man, I would so throw my panties in the stage if I went to one of his concerts. He puts everyone else in this contest to shame. I will just list everything I like about his performances to save time:
1. He almost always picks good songs. I don't know what the heck that country song was he sang, but I liked it.
2. He always gives it up for the band as soon as he is done singing. As we have seen by Carrie's horrible arrangement of "If You Don't Know Me By Now" the band should always be your friend.
3. He is always looks like he is giving it his all. He doesn't care what you think about him, he is performing.
4. His performance don't look over-rehearsed (Vonzell, I am looking at you) and yet he is the most comfortable person on stage.
5. He always takes the judges comments in stride, whether they are good or bad. No arguing, no trying to call Simon out. He just thanks them. People need to take note of this.

Vonzell:
I also think she has an amazing voice. I would love to be able to sing as well as she does. But at the same time, I find her performances boring and over-rehearsed. The thing I loved about Fantasia is that you totally felt that she was putting her heart and soul into every performance. Fantasia has this amazing attitude and presence that neither woman left in the Top 3 possesses. I actually would go so far as to say that all of the women in the past who have made it to the top 3 have had way more personality and stage presence than Vonzell and Carrie combined.
Kimberly Locke I so wanted to be in the Top 2!!!!

Anthony:
I am really sad to say this, but I thought he had one of the best nights for him. I didn't have to leave the room while he sang! "If You Don't Know Me By Now" is seriously one of my all time favorite songs, and the fact that his version just kicked Carrie's verions' ass is just weird. But his arrangement and his performance were good. And I hate the country song he performed so much. I feel like Vonzell should have been the one to go based solely on Tuesday nights performances. But we all know that no one votes based on performance alone.

I am VERY interested to see who makes it to the Top 2. If it's Carrie and Vonzell, than I am not going to bother even recording the finale'! Cause I will be watching LOST baby.

No comments: