Friday, May 06, 2005

Could You Please Repeat That?

I am running on 4 hours of sleep. Not by choice. And a morning visit to the dentist's office. So yes, I am really grumpy. I was so desperate for coffee that I drank it through a straw because the Novocaine hadn't worn off yet.

So much has happened this week in the world that I wanted to post about, but I have either been swamped at work, or too tired to post. The neighbors are at it again, and I am really just at the end of my rope. We can't afford to move, and the police take anywhere from 2-4 hours to respond and I am so suing someone if I get an ulcer from this. (As a side note, I can't be angry at the police. It's really not their fault that they are so understaffed. Every time I have called to complain about these people, which is at least once a week, the police have been so nice on the phone and I really can't get that mad when they call back to apologize because the officer they were supposed to send ended up arresting someone at a previous call and couldn't make it and did they need to send someone else out? I mean, come on, I really can't get mad at that. Even if I had just fallen back asleep 5 minutes prior to that call; they were actually apologizing for not getting out there faster. When is the last time that someone in the service industry actually apologized for something?)

The worst part about this morning, besides the tiredness and the drilling at the dentist office, is that when I got to work, some jerk who works in our parking structure was all mad at me for parking in the visitor's section. I have news for you buddy, almost everyone who works here that doesn't have an "extra-special" reserved spot parks in the visitor's parking section when necessary. And since I have heard nothing but awful things about your valets backing people's cars into walls and just being plain rude (plus you say you are completely not responsible for our cars) you will never get me to valet park my car. And since I am running on no sleep and Novocaine, I would really like to see you try and make me, because I will take your head off and feel absolutely okay about doing that.

On a much happier note, The Boyfriend and I are having a date tonight. We are going to see "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" and dinner. Then brunch tomorrow morning with friends, then a Kentucky Derby party, and then another "date" dinner on Sunday.

Isn't that just so sickingly sweet?

No comments: