Thursday, December 08, 2005

Cough Cough

I spent last night in a wonderful cycle of hacking, then coughing so hard I would gag, then running to the bathroom because I thought I was going to throw up, then drinking a sip of water which didn't help, then popping a cough drop and trying to go back to sleep and hoping I wouldn't choke on the cough drop if I fell asleep, but part of me not caring if I did because it would mean my throat would stop hurting for maybe a moment.

Today is my last full work day this week as my office is moving tomorrow, so we get the pleasure of leaving at noon. Let me just tell you that I work with a lot of whiny babies and also a lot of hard working people that kick-ass. I am so ready for this week to be over.

I seem to be on my second cold in a row this winter (ha, it's like 70 here) season. I very rarely get sick, usually allergy problems are the extent of my sickness. So colds and such are sometimes just too much for me to bear.

This is what I get for working in an office where it's expected that people come in sick unless they are on death's door. I find this just a stupid way of working.

Except here I am, probably contagious. But we are moving tomorrow. And there is still so much to be done...

No comments: